Single Source 1.11
Quick Description: (Read All)
Easily convert paper documentation into Windows help and HTML
File Ping Time (less is better): Could not ping file.
Category: Business (Rank: 1,611 / 1,823)
: Office Suites & Tools (Rank: 166 / 202)
0 This Week (Rank: 14,132 / 15,688)
/ 170 Total (Rank: 14,221 / 15,688)
Developer: Silvawood Software
Software Home Page: http://www.silvawood.co.uk/single-intro.htm
Most Recent File Validation
(?): Mon, February 4th, 2008 7:46 PM CST
OS: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,WinXP,Windows2000 - No Install Support.
System Requirements: Microsoft Word and Help Compiler
Single Source is ideal for developing the user documentation for an application. You can use it to create paper, Windows help and HTML documentation from a single source. Many tools exist that would appear to do the job, but unlike Single Source they tend to be limited in the automatic creation of the following:
- "What?s This?" help, obtained from low-level sections that have a particular heading style.
- MAP file, allowing you to link a Help file to the application it documents.
- Help Contents file, derived from the Table of Contents in the source document.
- Related Topics list for each topic, derived from the primary keywords in the index terms for the topic. When reading a topic in the Help file, you can click a button to display a list of topics that are related to it.
- Hypertext links, derived from cross-references (for both Help and HTML).
- Help index, derived from the paper document index.
Single Source requires the Microsoft Help Compiler, which you can download from the internet, and Microsoft Word.
paper, help, conversion, manuals, user, guide, word, convert, single, source, document, html, documentation, program
||Title - Business : Office Suites & Tools
($27.95) - A very powerful general-purpose word processor.
||TextMaker for Pocket PCs
($49.95) - TextMaker: The Only Desktop-Class Word Processor for Your Pocket PC
($12.95) - Highlights passages in your text that are cliches, or common/repeated phrases.
($69) - Convert documents from and to different formats using Microsoft Word converters
||Interactive Resume Builder
($15.95) - Resume with hyperlinks. HTML/Word/text/clipboard for web site/email/job boards