Quick Description: (Read All)
Easy to use strong file encryption, integrated with Windows Explorer.
File Ping Time (less is better): Could not ping file.
Category: Internet (Rank: 495 / 3,062)
: Encryption Tools (Rank: 22 / 151)
1603 This Week (Rank: 2,349 / 15,688)
/ 2951 Total (Rank: 11,019 / 15,688)
Developer: Axantum Software AB
Software Home Page: http://axcrypt.axantum.com
Most Recent File Validation
(?): Mon, February 4th, 2008 3:20 AM CST
OS: Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003 - Install and Uninstall.
System Requirements: Internet Explorer 4.0
File encryption for Windows 98/ME/NT/2K/XP using the AES algorithm with 128-bit keys.
It combines strong symmetric encryption with compression and double-click editing/viewing.
Encrypted files have a '.AXX' extension added to their names, and are shown with a new icon.
To encrypt a file, right-click it in Windows Explorer and select 'AxCrypt | Encrypt'.
To edit or view an encrypted file - just double-click it.
To decrypt, right-click and select 'AxCrypt | Decrypt' instead.
No configuration is necessary. Run the installer, and AxCrypt is ready to use.
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian or Swedish will be used for messages and dialogues depending on the language of the system. Documentation and installation scripts are in English.
The following are features that really set it apart from other file encryption tools, commercial as well as free:
- Double-click to edit/view with any application, with automatic re-encryption when done.
- Extensive optional command-line interface for scripting and programming.
- Integrated shredder.
- Use a regular passphrase and/or a strong key-file.
- Self-decrypting files supported.
- 6 languages in one executable distribution.
- No options or user interface - easy to install and use.
- Absolutely no configuration needed - just use it.
- Secure memory handling - no keys or data in the paging file
- Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions.
- Open source under GNU GPL.
file, encryption, shell, extension, windows, encrypt, multiple, backup, script, open, source
||Title - Internet : Encryption Tools
||CHAOS Self Decryptor
($49.95) - CHAOS Self Decryptor creating self-decrypting archives (SDAs).
||ShyFile - 6144bit Email and File Encryption
($59) - Use a browser to decode your secure messages, symmetric keys, 6144bit.
($14.95) - A fast, powerful, user friendly encryption, decryption file wiping utility.
||Encrypt PDF Command Line
($59) - Encrypt PDF software allows you to encrypt existing PDFs.
||Super File Encryption
($39.95) - Protect your files and folders from unauthorized users.